Join our Committee
Join our Committee
Join our Committee team to help shape and support the charity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Shared responsibilities for all committee members
- Act in the best interests of the charity; promoting its values and working to achieve its charitable objectives.
- Work as part of a team with the other trustees; whilst bringing their own ideas, perspectives, and experiences to the committee.
- Regularly attend committee meetings and contribute to the effective management of the charity.
- Read committee papers and contribute to the decision-making process of the committee.
- Ensure that the charity complies with the rules in its constitution, charity law, and other relevant regulations that govern the work of the charity.
Meetings are held at: Infrastructure, Housing and Environment, Howard Davis Farm, La Route de la Trinité, Trinity, JE3 5JP.
The Annual General Meeting is held at the Société Jersiaise, St Helier. The Jersey Biodiversity Centre office in located in the Société Jersiaise.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
- You will be working as part of a small but strong team of committed people who care for the environment of our island.
- You will be making an impact in the future of our island’s biodiversity.
- You can opt to expand your knowledge of different areas of natural history by getting involved in the centre’s work.
- Training can be provided through the Association of Jersey Charities if required.
Meetings are every 2 months, on the 2nd Monday of that month. 13:00-14:00.
Meeting months: January, March, May, July, September, November.
The AGM time for 2022 is 4th July at 12:00-13:00
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
For this role we are looking for someone who has a passion for the environment and wants to get involved in the charity sector. Specialist skills in human resource management or accounting would be beneficial for the centre.